CUSTOMS PROCEDURE CODES:
IM 4 – Import for home consumption
IM 5 – Temporary Admission subject to re-exportation
IM 6 – Re-importation
IM 7 – Warehousing
IM 8 – Transit and Transshipment
IMPORT CLEARANCE PROCESS:
Registers manifest in the Customs ASYCUDA System 48 hours prior to arrival of the vessel and distributes Arrival Notice. Ship arrives within 48 hours and discharge consignment.
Hires a clearing and forwarding agent and submits transport and other transaction documents.
Registers, a declaration (SCD) in the Customs ASYCUDA System, generate an assessment notice and attach transport, transaction and other materials provided by the importer.
Make payment is shown on Assessment Notice to the pre-payment account of the Clearing and Forwarding Agency.
- Face vets registered declaration and all attached documents and verify payments.
- Rejected when inadequate, and a Rejection Notice issued indicating criteria.
- Risk-based selectivity criteria will route declarations of assessed risk parameters (Green, Blue, Yellow or Red)
- Green Lane Declarations – Declaration is error free. No office selected for consignments that will go green. Agent proceeds to Customs Release Office.
- Blue Lane Declarations - Perishables items found or importer found to be of low risk. Agent proceeds to Release and subjected to Post Clearance Audit
- Yellow Lane Declarations – A systematic documentary check is conducted on SCD and attachments.
- Red Lane Declarations – A systematic documentary check carried out on SCD and attachments followed by a physical inspection of the consignment.
Generates perforated Customs Release Order.
Sierra Leone Ports Authority (SLPA) Delivery:
Ends process and generates System Exit Notes notifying consignment release.
Customs Exit Gate:
Acknowledges exit of the consignment ensuring that what was released by customs is indeed what is being withdrawn.
SEE IMPORT CLEARANCE PROCESS MAP
ASYCUDA and the Clearing process